CNC Machine Shop Manager
My client, a longstanding Gloucester based Engineering company with a very bright future and working across multiple and varied industries are seeking an experienced CNC Machine Shop Manager to assist the development of their Centre of Excellence.
CNC Machine Shop Manager Role purpose:
A key member of the Operational Management Team that will provide leadership and vision for Machine Shop Production, Continuous Improvement and Planning. A Leader with an exceptional business mind capable of bringing new ideas to the Production Department and able to use these skills to maximise customer satisfaction, through ensuring cost effective delivery with zero customer complaints.
A hands-on role serves as the leader and catalyst for driving and implementing exceptional customer service levels, lean projects with proven success of waste elimination techniques, six sigma tools and continuous learning.
An individual who can coach, inspire motivate and train employees at all levels of the organisation and assist the site in its vision of achieving Operational Excellence throughout the organisation.
CNC Machine Shop Manager Key duties and responsibilities:
- With a long-term strategic view able to work with the Operational Management team to guide and develop the business towards further growth all of which will ensure success.
- Will provide overall responsibility for all resources assigned to the Machine Shop, to achieve all quality, cost and service objectives and to ensure all quality programs, initiatives and commitments are maintained and enhanced.
- In partnership with the HR function builds and sustains the Production team with the highest performance, ensure robust employee development and expand on succession plans for the production department.
- To improve organisational, operational methods and tools, to optimise the utilisation of the production equipment and resources and to serve as the leader in the team, to be the catalyst for driving and implementing lean techniques with conjunction with the Operations Managers targeted areas.
- To be responsible for staff hiring, training and development, including performance reviews and for all direct reports. To be able to optimize the utilisation of resources in terms of people, machines, and material.
- Support the site Integration of new manufacturing processes and ensure the continual smooth running of the department during this period.
Other responsibilities of the CNC Machine Shop Manager:
- Support the achievement of departmental KPI’s
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- Support the maintenance of all relevant health and safety and COSHH regulations.
- Encourage two-way communication and feedback.
- Participate in business training and personal development programmes.
- Raise awareness of the Manufacturing Excellence expectations and identify specific areas of development within the workplace.
- Facilitate, coach, and support the various teams involved.
- Manage and monitor the new processes to ensure efficiency and success
- Support the meeting of operational targets daily.
- Ensure a high standard of work quality is maintained at all times within the team
- Provide feedback to the Operations Manager on issues and concerns arising, along with potential solutions.
- Drive the team to achieve 99% ‘Right First Time’ manufacture of components as well as 95%+ ‘On Time in Full’ delivery of parts and assemblies.
- Ensure the available resources are fully utilised daily and cross functional training is considered to support business growth.
Background and experience of the CNC Machine Shop Manager:
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good working knowledge of CNC machines and technologies.
- Experience of machining composite materials (desirable)
- Good, effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- A flexible and proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proven track record within a CNC machining environment.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Strong knowledge of machine tools and machining processes
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment (Vernier calipers, micrometers etc)
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Can effectively handle and resolve personnel and disciplinary Grievance issues for direct reports.
- Can manage a large team on shifts and ensure customer satisfaction is the priority.
- Quality Awareness
- Continuous Improvement focused
Salary and Benefits
- Bonus based on company performance.
- 26 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
For further details apply today or call Chris Rooum on 07471902694