Electrical Projects Costing Engineer
Gloucester – Full time– Permanent – Competitive Salary and Benefits
My client is looking for an enthusiastic Electrical Proposals Engineer for their Gloucester facility, looking to join a specialist company working with blue chip companies. This role is hybrid and would involve travel.
- Technical and commercial evaluation of sales enquiries, ensuring that all relevant information is available – supporting the Sales Engineer where required to collate relevant information from the customer.
- Preparation of proposals drawings and concept controls system design ready for costing and to generate confidence in the solution with the customer.
- Convene technical reviews with the controls and software team to assess proposals and concept solutions prior to formal costings.
- Review all electrical design standards supplied by customers to ensure all system proposals and concepts comply with customer requirements.
- Support and work closely with Mechanical Proposals Engineers to generate the most effective solution to their requirements.
- Generate detailed electrical project costings based on the mechanical proposal concept.
- Write control and software proposals documents to clarify exact offering to the customer, referencing all relevant standards and customer design criteria highlighting and deviation from scope and exclusions.
- Constantly review new developments from components suppliers to the automation industry and arrange demonstrations between suppliers and engineers to keep at the forefront of automation technology – implementing the solutions on new quotations where suitable.
- Help develop standard costings for repeat projects and standard equipment.
- Maintain a sound understanding of machinery safety requirements during costings and concept works to ensure all proposed systems are 100% compliant with UKCA and CE requirements.
- Provide technical support to Sales Engineers in customer presentations when required.
- Office based role not suitable for hybrid or remote working based on the necessity to work with the wider engineering team daily.
- Experienced electrical engineer qualified to at least HNC ideally with electrical design experience in the conveyor and robotic automation industry.
- An engineer experienced in similar systems integration or automation environment. Who is conscientious, hardworking, with excellent IT and communication skills.
- fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- A person experienced in solution-based working, independent and able to problem solve without supervision.
- Related industry experience – Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive preferred.
- Prior experience in the use of AutoCAD and E-Plan would be beneficial
- 25 days holiday +BH
- Enhanced employee contribution
- Sick pay
- Annual attendance bonus scheme
- Onsite parking
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply to Georgej@RErecruitment.com today. George – 07825438129 / 01242 505400
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.