The role in short
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Logistics, the role is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of all operational inventory, in a rapidly expanding B2C business, despatching over 600,000 customer orders in 2021.
You will lead several teams responsible for managing the integrity of the UK stock file, maximising stock availability, delivering a robust P.I. / Audit process, processing customer Returns and maximising stock recovery
Perks of the job
Work your hours around you, as long as you get the job done you can work when is best for you!
31 days holiday (including bank holidays) bookable in hours making it super flexible for you
The option to buy and sell up to annual leave, to suit your personal needs
Access to our online platform for e-learning resources, hundreds of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and car scheme
Of course, we offer all the good stuff like life assurance, pension scheme, training and free onsite parking!
Onto the nitty gritty!
Management of Shift Managers; including,
- Provide motivation, training, coaching and support to fully develop your team.
- Strong performance in onboarding, inductions, probations, performance management, absence management.
- Decision making in areas of recruitment and resource management.
- Developing a culture of achievement, teamwork, trust, understanding and positivity.
Key accountabilities; including,
- Ownership of all inventory control activities through the implementation / management of a range of processes and disciplines designed to maintain a highly accurate stock file.
- Development and delivery of a full suite of P.I. / Audit activities across all Plumbworld operations.
- Create an environment where the stock file is updated and maintained in real time, reflecting an accurate view of the current stock position, to maximise product availability.
- Review stock demand patterns and coordinate stock transfers to and from all 3rd party storage partners, ensuring product is always available to support customer orders.
- Provide effective communication, structured reporting, and updates / escalations on all critical / serious issues
- Investigate all stock discrepancies thoroughly and generate exception reports for the business to review.
- Audit all internal processes related to the receipt and processing of stock on a regular basis and improvements are reviewed / agreed / delivered with Operational Managers.
- Work collaboratively with the DC Operations and Planning Managers to deliver best practice and build teams centred on development, quality of service and right 1st time delivery for all customers.
- Work with the Commercial Team to ensure that all new product definitions are correct so that they can be processed seamlessly throughout the DC.
- Responsible for managing the Returns department, ensuring all customer returns are processed quickly, efficiently and customer refunds are issued within the SLA guidelines.
- Mitigate the cost of returned stock through diligent review and disposition via the appropriate routes inc. returns to Warehouse, returns to Vendor and re-sale via 3rd party sites.
- Manage the recovery of products with damaged packaging and repurpose them to avoid stock write off.
- Proactive management of stock layout to reflect storage requirements, ensuring all stocks located correctly.
- Undertake any other duties required of the role that to ensure accuracy and availability of stock.
Health and safety and working standards;
- Mentoring and leading a team with high emphasis on safety and health.
- Ensure all Health & Safety guidelines and legislation are adhered to within their area of control.
- Ensure that all required H&S audits/checks are completed to the required standard/timescales.
We’d like to meet someone with
- Minimum 2 years’ proven experience in an Inventory management role within in the last 5 years.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the required inventory processes and practices shown above.
- Have a good understanding of Inventory / Warehouse Management Systems.
- Bring strong, consistent Leadership with energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and integrity.
- Clear concise communication skills, both written and spoken, comfortable communicating with staff, Senior Management, and all internal / external customers.
- Agile and adaptable allowing for multi-tasking and simultaneous projects.
- Goal orientated and experienced at handling pressured situations.
- Information driven, comfortable using data / reports to seek out opportunities for self-development, to improve standards and team performance.
- Demonstrates commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty, and empathy.
- Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for team performance.
- Experience with change management preferred.
- An understanding of end-to-end supply chain, operations processes preferred.
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Inventory Management: 2 years (preferred)