What We Offer:
- Friendly positive working environment
- A company prepared to invest in you for personal growth within the business
- Opportunities to grow within the business
- 37.5 hours per week, Permanent, Full-time employment
- Place of Work: Office based with occasion opportunities to visit Customer
- £TBD depending on experience and skill level
- 20 days flexible holiday (holidays increase after 5 years) + 3 floating days for Christmas + UK statutory
- Auto Enrol Pension scheme
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, who can demonstrate at least two years of experience in bespoke machinery design. Reporting to the Operations Director-
This role is office based. The candidate must be confident, organised, and presentable, with excellent communication skills. Previous experience of machinery and industrial environments is essential, along with an enthusiastic work ethic and aptitude. Experience working in the Food Industry, high care, environment is an advantage but not essential.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Leading technical engineer including your own projects
- Design of special purpose bespoke food processing machinery from concept to final product.
- Working closely with Operations Director to deliver standardisation & Cost analysis
- Working with Production team and suppliers to manage procurement for committed lead time delivery, guarantee quality, budgets and manage lead times to meet project deadlines.
- Continuous Improvement of functional design of existing equipment, employing research and development methods into new materials and manufacturing techniques to ensure every piece of equipment adheres to contemporary safety and hygiene standards.
- Creating BOM’s and Technical files
- Creating manuals and recommended parts lists templates.
- Working alongside sales department to estimate costs for new bespoke machinery.
- Active involvement with quality control of final product
- Ensuring machines are built to the highest USDA hygienic design standards
- Implement EHEDG hygienic design principles for certification
- Dealing with any customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner.
- Writing R&D tax credit reports.
- Ensuring all machines conform to relevant machine standards, e.g. CE certification, UKCA, RSA
Required Experience Skills:
- Engineering degree or HND
- Fully proficient in Solidworks CAD.
- Experience of designing special purpose machinery.
- Consider cost effectiveness and safety of new designs
- Ability to work in a team and lead
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient Solidworks or similar design package
- Strong engineering knowledge
- Good understanding of sheet metal fabrication processes for design
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- Proficient in Microsoft office
Advantageous experience / Skills
- Automation experience e.g. Robotics, Vision, Ultrasonics. Servo’s
- Experience in hygienic design
- Pneumatic design
- Engineering Project Management
- Working in the food industry