This Defence organisation provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support.
- Support and maintain BAU of the IDENT1 system and any of its sub-systems.
- Resolve any system issues (ITIL Incident, Problem & Change management)
- Review of incidents:
- Investigate and resolve escalated incidents and service requests within allocated SLA target time
- Perform trend analysis of incidents for escalation into Problem Management
- Prioritise with guidance from line Manager
- Analysis and resolution of issues:
- Reproduction of problems on Test Beds
- Provide workarounds for the Service Desk (SD) and Technical Operations (TechOps)
- Open problems/defects defining issues where software/hardware changes are required
- Involvement in Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) process
- Provide sufficient details of issues and examples as needed to US Operations Maintenance
- Maintain and improve the IDENT1 system including:
- To assist in solving existing software / implementation problems.
- To create new software and hardware tools.
- To actively search out errors or faults before they impact operations.
- To maintain and improve system procedures and documentation
- To maintain and improve the implementation of the COTS products
- Install / assist with installation of software.
- Implement new technology within the project.
- System Monitoring:
- Monitoring of the system using E-Health, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Custom monitoring scripts
- Ad-hoc system monitoring
- Recommend and help develop new monitoring capabilities through CSI process
- Support the following sub systems: Live Scan, Biometric Search Gateway (BSG), and Custody Interface (NSPIS)
- Support the following OS: Linux (SuSE), UNIX (SUN Solaris), Windows
- Support the following Integrated COTS Software
- Oracle Discoverer
- Identity Manager (IDM)
- Active Directory
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- AWS Cloud
- Procedures & Documentation
- Conversant with ITIL, SLA’s and using LANdesk tool accurately.
- System Tasks
- Housekeeping, routine maintenance, and system cleanup
- Maintain Data Integrity
- Performance monitoring of systems
- Disaster Recovery
- Machine Builds
- Central/Bureau Workstations
- Central/Bureau Server
- Software Releases & Operational System changes
- Evaluating impact to operations
- Review, evaluate, and implement procedures
- Provide training to Operations Teams
- Develop preparation plans and schedule
- Participate in testing
- Support the monthly rollout and deployment
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with Technical Operations
- Experience in at least one Integrated COTS Software product (see above)
- Troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to solve system faults/problems.
- Ability to write shell scripts in C, Bourne, Perl, or similar scripting language
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Ability to take problems from a customer level to a defect level (root cause).
- Knowledge of Sun Solaris, SuSE Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Ability to present technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Able to work with other Senior Engineering staff.
- Take on new projects with enthusiasm and imagination.
- Willingness to volunteer or chip in when the going gets tough.
- Ability to raise problems, defects, or changes.
- Update and write procedures where appropriate.
- Professional and reliable communication both within and outside team.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
- Must be able to obtain NPPV3 clearance