Job Description: Planning and Logistics Manager
Responsible to: Supply Chain Manager
Main purpose and scope of job
Responsible for the effective management and development of the activities and resources of the Planning and Logistics function, to ensure efficient and economic use of production resources to satisfy customer demands and ensure efficient planning of manufacturing resource and stock.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for Planning of Manufacturing and Purchasing using the JDE ERP ERP system. This will include Made in house, purchased, and factored product. To assist in systems development and extension as the business requires it.
- Conduct analysis of distribution requirements to maintain appropriate inventory levels throughout the supply chain.
- Leads efforts to identify, qualify and select suppliers that can support the clients UK’s plan.
- Lead and undertake projects and change processes to improve material flow and improve efficiency of the warehouse and manufacturing areas.
- Provides strategic leadership to integrate Logistics, Planning and supply chain function.
- Always ensure an effective line of communication to all department personnel and to appropriate senior management and corporate personnel.
- Performance manage Material Controllers and Logistics team.
- Emphasis on the delivery of Company KPI’s (for example COT, Stock turns, Stock Accuracy, Shipments to Budget and O/H Recovery).
- Manage supplier base, ensuring adherence to delivery schedules in line with production requirements, supplier lead times, lean manufacturing procedures and Stores/Warehousing capacity. Advise Production and Sales of any delivery delays to ensure product can be re-planned and customers warned of delays.
Job Description: Planning and Logistics Manager
- Maintain constant awareness of production status in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, providing for alternate plans in the event of unforeseen contingencies including, but not limited to material shortages, material rejections, new priorities, and related problems or adjustments.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers and external outworkers, holding review meetings on a regular basis. Ensure Supply Chain Manager is kept informed on poor performance of suppliers.
- Participate in internal Quality and Environmental audits to ensure compliance.
- Assess production and purchasing requirements by monitoring stock and warehouse levels, in accordance with Lean Manufacturing procedures.
- Ensure that weekly schedules for mould shop and Assembly are developed and maintained, detailing production requirements, identifying staffing levels, development work and maintenance. Adjust schedules to meet changing priorities.
- Produce comprehensive management reports, as requested.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis as required.
- Ensure that industry regulations, compliance checks and GB Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policies are always in use and make recommendations for and implement improvements.
- Ensure process driven system in accordance with current accreditation to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (working towards accreditation to ISO 45001).
- Actively drive a safety and good working practice culture.
- Prepare accident reports and passes to Human Resources Manager, in line with established procedure.
- Monitor holiday, timekeeping, and attendance of employees under his/her responsibility via the computerised Time Management System, liaising with Human Resources Department as required.
The successful candidate is likely to have considerable experience in the SME manufacturing sector in a middle management to senior role. This is a hands-on strategically critical role, and the successful candidate must possess the necessary skills to further develop the planning and logistics function and be able to develop new processes in a fast-moving environment.
Preferred Skillset, Experience, Capability:
- Over 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry, in particular SME.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to manage and develop teams.
- Relevant supervisory/management and planning qualifications.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Good working knowledge of accounting and costing processes.
- Ability to work with all departments of the business at a strategic and tactical level, from Sales and Engineering to Accounting.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate at all levels within a business.
- PC literate, data savvy, analytical, experience in computerised planning system, and fully conversant with an ERP system (J D Edwards preferred).
- Good working knowledge of data extract and report writer tools from ERP systems that can be transferred to ReportsNow the JDE tool
- Passionate about growing the business.
- Experience of product and process rationalisation to reduce costs and improve effectiveness
- Experience and good understanding of Import and Export compliance processes.
- Willingness to travel to subcontractors and sister sites in Europe
- Willing to undergo DBS check, as a requirement of the job.
- Current driving licence.
To apply for this position please submit your CV to Jasmine on JasmineF@RErecruitment.com or call (01432) 355351
Re Recruitment is committed to delivering equality opportunities in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.