Primarily you’ll be responsible for gathering information for the quarterly risk update report, acting as a business partner to the Executive Team and Leadership Team to review early warning indicators and risk appetite metrics.
You’ll maintain our controls assurance register to monitor assurance on the effectiveness of the internal controls across all three lines of defence and be responsible for collating information to produce the monthly compliance report for the Executive Team and Board.
You will facilitate internal audit visits and follow up reviews with operational managers, and also act as coordinator for insurance claims and the annual insurance renewal process. A relevant professional qualification such as a Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management is desirable, but not essential. For those that do not hold one, we’ll be happy to sponsor the successful candidate in gaining this.
We do however ask that you have experience of working to tight timescales and can grasp areas of responsibility quickly. You’ll have the confidence in forming effective working relationships with a broad range of people and be able to work well as part of a team. You’ll have excellent listening, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt oral and written communication methods and styles to suit the audience and demonstrate effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- To support the Head of Risk and Assurance in providing a robust, independent, and objective risk oversight and controls assurance of all aspects of the Group’s business.
- To assist the Head of Risk and Assurance in providing the Executive Team and Board with assurance on regulatory compliance across the Group.
- Responsible for gathering information for the quarterly risk update report, acting as a business partner to the Executive Team and Leadership team to review early warning indicators and risk appetite metrics.
- Develop and maintain a controls assurance register to monitor assurance on the effectiveness of the internal controls across all three lines of defence.
- Responsible for collating information for the production for the monthly compliance report for Executive Team and Board.
- Responsible for co-ordinating internal audit visits and follow up reviews with operational managers.
- Provide support to the Head of Risk and Assurance to manage the risk reporting timetable and reporting to the Executive Team, Audit & Risk Committee and Board.
- Partner with operational business managers to ensure that inherent and residual risk calculations are accurate and risk mitigating actions are effective.
- Oversee integrity of the data in the centralised risk register to maintain a second line of defence.
- Responsible for annual renewal of insurance, together with claims monitoring and reporting on claims to Audit & Risk Committee and Health and Safety Committee.
- Support the review and development of Rooftop’s Fraud Policy and procedures, maintaining Rooftop’s fraud register, reporting to Audit & Risk Committee, and submitting the annual return on fraud to the Regulator.
- Provide support to the Head of Risk and Assurance on the production and maintenance of business continuity plans, ensuring they are comprehensive, up to date, tested, reflect best practice and appropriate for the risks faced by the organisation.
- Responsible for supporting effective team budgets, as agreed by the Head of Risk and Assurance, in accordance with agreed policy and procedure, ensuring value for money and maximising efficiency.
- Undertake projects or tasks as requested by the Finance Director or Head of Risk and Assurance.
- Ability to grasp new areas of responsibility quickly.
- Confidence in forming effective working relationships with a broad range of people, including working as part of a team.
- Ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed information without losing the sight of the bigger picture Ability to think ahead and demonstrate effective problemsolving skills.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills including the
- ability to adapt oral and written communication methods and styles to suit the audience.
- Customer focussed, externally and internally
- IT literate – Microsoft Office.
- 37 hours, Monday to Friday.
- Hybrid working applies to this role.
- The work can be carried out between 8.00am and 6.30pm with line manager agreement and in accordance with role responsibilities and business need.
- £28,000 per annum for unqualified, rising to £32,000 once qualified
- 45p per mile can be claimed for business miles by casual car users.
- Annual allowance paid monthly to support those who use are essential car users.
- 25 days each year plus 8 bank holidays.
- 1 additional concessionary day (normally the day after Boxing Day).
- One extra day will be added for each full holiday year of service up to 5 additional days.
- SHPS CARE pension scheme. Matching employer contribution up to 9%.
- Next of kin or nominated person to receive a financial sum of three times annual salary, upon death in service.
- Group funded health cash plan, which includes a range of treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides 24-hour free confidential phone helpline for employees and families at the same address.
- Free confidential telephone counselling service with up to 8 free confidential face to face counselling sessions.
- Annual performance award for exceptional contribution. Awards are 2%, 5% or 10% of salary.
- Most locations have on-site parking or allocation parking nearby.
- Annual professional membership fee paid if relevant and required for the role.
- Sick pay from day one of employment. Level of entitlement is based on service.
- Much more benefits available on request.