£55,000 + £3k bonus + car
Cheltenham – UK travel
An exciting opportunity for a Solutions Consultant to join the Pre-sales team in a Managed IT Division of a fantastic business has become available.
You will be working for a business who supply enterprise-level IT resources for businesses providing infrastructure, networking and cloud IT solutions and support.
This is a varied role, working closely with the IT Sales team to produce end to end hybrid cloud IT solutions. Including chargeable sales engagement, technical demonstrations, strategic consultancy, solution design and tender response.
As a Solutions Consultant, you will be working with the latest technologies on challenging and complex cloud transformation journeys and hybrid cloud solutions; helping clients get the very best out of the cloud.
- Define and present the vision and roadmaps for cloud-based and hybrid-cloud solutions for our clients.
- To engage with senior leadership and project stakeholders to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation.
- Execute technical workshops to collect requirements, understand the problem and explore solutions.
- Provide strategic consultancy to design and define cloud architectural solutions and see through to implementation.
- Provide presales consultancy to support sales in winning new business opportunities.
- Take ownership for technical delivery of projects and complete hands-on technical implementation as required.
- Work closely with all teams to ensure project and service delivery meet customer expectations.
- Promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation within the Consulting Services team.
- Have a proven track record in successful delivery of industry standard IT solutions.
- Ideally be certified and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects.
- Attention to detail
- Have a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
- Experience in conveying technical designs in a proposal format to a wide audience of business stakeholders
Desired technical skills:
- Strong technical background and knowledge of industry standard security solutions
- Advanced understanding, hands on experience of firewall design and deployment
- Knowledge of vulnerability management and intrusion detection/prevention solutions
- Microsoft 365 Suite and migrations to Modern Workplace solutions
- Windows Operating systems, Active Directory and Azure AD
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware / Hyper-V), solution design and implementation
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Web and E-mail Security
- Server technologies, solution design and implementation
- SAN technologies, solution design and implementation
- HPE and Aruba technology stack
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Azure IaaS and PaaS service
- Azure Subscription design, Governance, Roles and Policies
- Azure Virtual Desktop / Citrix Cloud
- Competent with PowerShell / Azure CLI
- Microsoft Exchange including DAG and Exchange Online
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Corporate wireless systems
- Backup and DR technologies
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- A competitive salary of up to £60,000, dependant on experience
- 25 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days with length of service
- Bonus scheme of £5,000 (paid quarterly)
- Company Car
- A life assurance scheme.
- Access to free and convenient Help@Hand Wellbeing programme, including an online GP service
- Free confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme
- A chance to earn extra money through the employee referral programme
- A chance to join initiatives that help our planet – a number of initiatives to help you play your part; including a company contributory carbon offsetting scheme, an electric vehicle purchase scheme and electric car charging points
- Free fruit delivered to our offices each daily and a state-of-the-art coffee machine
- Paid day off for doing charity or volunteering work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings and development reviews to help you reach your full potential while feeling truly valued and appreciated for the work that you do
- A vibrant staff community with fun perks
- Other benefits such as cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, flexi-time scheme, and more
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Sadiek @ RE Recruitment .com
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.