The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the 2nd line ERP Support Analyst is to provide support for Microsoft Dynamics AX customers across multiple sites.
The ERP platform is currently AX 2009, with an upgrade project to D365 currently in the solution modelling stage. The role will initially consist of providing support for the 2009 platform, this role will then transition to some involvement with the upgrade project, into providing full support to the D365 platform.
This person will work closely with our customers and development team in the resolution of more complex customer issues and will enjoy being the point of contact with customers and taking ownership of the resolution of technical problems with the core application.
Reporting to the 2nd line Team Leader, the ERP Support Analyst will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides support services over the phone, through e-mail, through our customer portal and in person (for walk-in customers).
The analyst will be responsible for providing software incident management activities including fault investigation, fault diagnosis and software fix testing whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service. They will be responsible for processing all ERP service requests and adhere to all service level agreements and processes.
The analyst will take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary. The role will involve prioritising and managing work load according to fault severity and when need be liaising with other Dynamics analysts and Developers in problem resolution.
We are looking for a pro-active individual with strong communication and organisational skills. You will have a broad interest in all things IT, understand development (particularly in the Microsoft stack), but also enjoy the challenge of analysing and resolving complex technical issues with a core application while managing the client’s expectations in a realistic timeframe.
- To provide 2nd line support in a calm, professional and customer focussed manner
- Provide specific 1st/2nd line software support for the current ERP Platform – Dynamics AX and integrated applications
- Ensure ERP releases/updates/change requests are tested (when requested) with minimal business impact
- Provide Dynamics AX administration duties, fixing application and system queries at administrative system level
- Monitor ERP batch queues for error notifications
- Manage and maintain user access lists/security around environment access
- Train end users on elements of Dynamics AX and integrated applications
- To maintain a high degree of customer service and adhere to all service level agreements and processes
- Take ownership of user support, troubleshooting, fault resolution and service management; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- Take ownership of customer problems and follow up the status of problems to the customer and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Log & prioritise all incidents, service requests, change requests in the Service Desk Management tool
- Highlight when external technical support is required where problems cannot be resolved in-house, liaise with 3rd Party suppliers to expedite resolution
- Remote Support management of customer issues when required using Bomgar
- Complete service request fulfilment as necessary
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist customers and the IT team. Producing ‘How To’ documentation (building and maintaining the existing knowledge base)
- Receptive to mentoring
Knowledge & experience required:
- Experience of working in a busy environment, to targets, to SLA’s and within timescales
- Previous Service Management experience (ITIL preferable)
- Knowledge of ERP systems and broad business and accounting processes (invoicing, purchase orders etc) is desirable but not essential.
- Willingness to continue learning and develop your technical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone manner
- Knowledge of SQL, desirable but not essential
- You will need to be a team player with a calm and friendly personality and have demonstrated a commitment to service quality excellence in your career to date.
- Good communication skills on all levels
- Ability to participate and contribute successfully within a team environment
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of ERP platforms (ideally Dynamics AX)
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Good organisation & prioritisation skills
- Be professional, flexible, able to work under pressure and adaptable to the changing needs of the organisation
- Able to deal appropriately and maturely with difficult situations
- Be self-motivated and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise work load under pressure & without supervision
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 windows, Office 365
- Full UK Driving license