Building Services Project Engineer (Mechanical)
My client is a long standing and growing Building Services company providing electrical and mechanical services to a variety of clients many of whom are ‘Blue Chip’ companies.
The role is mainly office based; however, you will be expected to carry out regular visits to site to monitor and review the state of projects you are managing. You will be responsible for and manage a number of projects on behalf of the company, working as part of a project team to develop each project from conception, through budgeting, design, procurement and installation to closure. Continued Professional Development (CPD), through training of the team and individuals is a key policy of the business. Opportunities for development and future training will arise throughout your employment.
Building Services Project Engineer (Mechanical) Role
Work with the Client to develop initial concepts into full ‘Client Design Specifications’.
Carry out costing and budget assessments to identify the cost of the offering to the Client, the potential benefits to the company and the business risks involved.
The development of quotes, tenders and other similar documents and the promotion/selling of the project to the Client.
The development and production of mechanical and electrical design packages from concept/Client Design Specifications to point of construction, which:
- Conform to the brief/specification supplied by the Client.
- Conform to existing legislation and regulations.
- Falls within the budget requirements dictated by the business.
- Encompasses the requirement of the CDM Regulations for plant/equipment to be installed, operated and maintained in a safe manner.
- Conform to the Company’s policies, particularly to its stated aims of engineering best practice, minimum impact on the environment and energy saving commitment.
Verification of product performance through calculation.
The specification, selection and purchase of plant and equipment associated with individual projects.
Identify the requirements for, appoint and manage the Construction Team for each project.
Setting objectives and targets for each of the Project Teams.
Manage the construction phase of the project in a way that conforms to the CDM 2015 Regulation meeting business and Client requirements in terms of the respective Health & Safety Policy plus other policies and procedures that may be applicable.
Ensuring that there are systems in place for the control of cost and the coordination of work on site this may/will include some or all of the following:
- Planning charts
- Daily meetings
- Progress meetings
- Budget reviews.
- Closing out projects and chasing payment.
- Developing, maintaining and operating Company systems and procedures.
- Development and education of others within the Company.
Building Services Project Engineer (Mechanical) Qualifications
Qualified to degree level in Building Services Engineering or suitable design experience as an alternative degree
CIBSE Chartered engineer preferred
Knowledge of British standards, CIBSE design guides, Building regulations and other industry relevant standards.
Building Services Project Engineer (Mechanical) Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and Management
- Exceptional problem solving.
- Organisational and team working skills.
Working hours: 08:00 – 16:30. Monday – Thursday
08:00 – 16:30 Friday
20 days paid plus statutory bank holidays. Additional holidays available dependant on service.
Company car at the discretion of the Directors
Call Chris Rooum on 01242 505424 or apply for further details.