Compliance Officer (SHEQ).
My client in Kidderminster are looking for a Compliance Officer to join the team due to growth. Reporting into the Group Compliance Supervisor and Group Head of Compliance, the Compliance Officer will join the team responsible for Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters as the business begins its journey towards ISO accreditations.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right personality, attitude and skills who is looking to take the next step in their Compliance career and help develop and execute plans to continually improve in all areas of compliance. Working Monday 08:30 – 17:00 with a salary of up to £37,000
Main roles & responsibilities include:
- Working along the other site Compliance officer, the candidate will be the first point of contact and responsible for the day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the site meets the Group compliance KPIs, objectives and legal obligations.
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders at site to actively influence a positive Compliance culture
- Design and deliver various training, safety briefs and toolbox talks
- Completing effective accident & incident investigations
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Undertaking regular spot checks and various audits
- Producing/presenting various reports and other forms of statistical analysis of collected safety data
- Being responsible for various duties relating to Group’s Occupational Health program
- Chair the various site SHEQ meetings where required
- Support the site in achieving its FSC accreditation and waste management
- Support Team functions in other areas of compliance responsibility at other sites where needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General certificate or similar preferred
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar compliance related role, ideally within a similar fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A strong communicator who is able to communicate and persuade effectively with all levels throughout the business
- Motivated, determined, and able to use their initiative to get things done correctly and effectively
- Ability to inspire, influence, and to lead by example to inspire colleagues to achieve higher standards whilst supporting and developing a strong team spirit and positive compliance culture.
- Leading by example to inspire improved compliance performance amongst their colleagues.
- An interest in keeping up to date with Health and safety legislation, regulations and guidance.
- A sound level of I.T skills is preferable due to nature of the role, as is experience of running training.
- Whilst the company does provide training and a chance to broaden compliance skills, due to upcoming compliance projects, e.g. ISO 9001/14001/45001, experience of working to these accreditations or similar is preferable.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday.
- Onsite parking
- Fantastic working culture.
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Elliott @ RE Recruitment today.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.