Credit Control, Bookkeeping and Sales Ledger Clerk
– £25,000 – £30,000
– Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
Are you an experienced finance professional looking for a varied and interesting role working with high quality SMEs?
We are looking for an individual with experience across credit control, bookkeeping and sales ledgers to join a thriving and dynamic Commercial Services Team providing an array of support services to hundreds of UK SMEs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Run a proactive and professional Credit Control service, securing fast payment of outstanding balances, keeping clients cash-positive, and reducing their bad debt risk.
- Ensure accurate and up to date records are always maintained in relation to outstanding debts and that necessary escalation procedures are followed for the organisation (raising with senior personnel, placing customers on stop or commencing debt proceedings)
- Raising daily sales invoices and sending customer statements, performing routine bank reconciliations, and receipting payments.
- Liaising with their affiliate recovery partners where required to ensure an efficient, timely and commercially-sound process is followed.
- Work with authorised client representatives and debtors to agree repayment plans where appropriate.
- Promote the company’s card payment platform and – where in place – facilitate card payments from debtors to the necessary accounts.
- Report summary and individual client/debtor information to Management as directed.
- Monitoring and coordinating daily email activity through client mailboxes, responding to queries and chasing for timely responses.
- Onboarding new clients and customers, performing appropriate credit checks and anti-money-laundering (AML) due diligence
- Generally support the day-to-day activities of the Commercial Services Team, including call-handling, client file administration, mailbox email management, visas and international travel etc.
- Play an active part in securing new business, identifying cross-selling and layering opportunities for our other services & solutions and jumping on opportunities to add new clients.
- Take a lead role in the company’s routine billing process, ensuring clients are invoiced for services delivered in a timely and accurate fashion. Chase the company’s own clients for overdue payments too.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Be determined, outcome-focussed and diligent
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be proactive and inquisitive
- Be in your element multi-tasking and not phased by jumping from one activity to another
- Be able to remain calm and organised in the face of fast-paced demands
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and with a team
- Be literate and highly numerate
- Have experience and an excellent grasp of accounting platforms such as Xero (essential), Sage, QuickBooks and Kashflow
- Have strong general IT skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook and/or GSuite products
- Have an exceptional telephone manner, knowing how to balance an authoritative tone where needed with politeness, friendliness and professionalism in equal measure.
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.