Credit Control Technicians
– Gloucester/Remote Working
– Full Time
– Salary based on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Credit Control IBA Technicians with Insurance experience to be part of a technical Accounting team. The job holder will meet all Client service levels, deliverables and deadlines for the investigation, collection and allocation of all outstanding items.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Claims and premium ledger “forensic” analysis and resolution of technical queries to enable matching of cash and ledger items
- Analysis of policies where cash/technical discrepancies are identified to determine root causes and make recommendations for correction and ongoing process improvements
- Investigation and resolution of challenging accounts; identifying and following up issues, missing accounts or miscalculations with Clients
- Claims and premium technical reconciliation of processed bordereau comparing paid to date and reserve amounts held on client system
- Support write-off recommendations in line with Client procedures
- Provide all credit control and ledger/cash functions for allocated accounts; chasing brokers, cedants and syndicates to secure payments
- Analyse outstanding item data to identify collection targets and potential bad debt
- Handle and resolve client, broker and cedant queries
- Raise payment requisitions in Client payment systems, adhering to all Client procedure guidelines for Payment Requisitions
- Maintain Client Procedure Manuals
- Other ad-hoc duties to assist the credit control manager and technical analysts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in a similar role within the (re)insurance market
- Understanding of principles of insurance and reinsurance is essential
- Understanding of IBA functions and cash application is essential
- Strong technical premium and claims knowledge desirable
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Excel
- Experience of London market procedures and role of brokers and MGAs
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Organised and accurate individual who shows attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Sound team player who can also work using their own initiative
- Maintain a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with Clients and colleagues
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.