Financial Controller – 3-month contract – Gloucestershire
Competitive Package/Daily rate
We are currently assisting an Aerospace client based in Gloucestershire with a 3-month, critical contract for a Financial Controller / Manager.
Requires a disciplined self-starter who has had experience working on critical work, short-term projects.
- Preparation and delivery of reporting KPI’s; providing analysis on key customers, profit drivers, operational capabilities, including organic growth drivers, innovation, supply chain and competitive and market dynamics to drive strategy and operating results
- Preparation of monthly forecast activities for key finance metrics, including monthly variance analysis for comparison to budgets
- Working closely with functional leaders to develop and produce the annual operating plan and medium term financial strategic plans
- Provide management with timely reviews of the organisation financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
- Provide guidance on functional budgetary performance
- Provides business support on product costing and labour rates, and responsible for the preparation and development of key manufacturing KPI’s to support operations management
- Responsible for maintaining system costing information, costing valuations and inventory control management
- Prepare reports, proposals and assisting in contract negotiation as required, including for the use by regulatory authorities and agencies, for compliance and regulations
- Maintain the Internal Controls designed to ensure the Integrity of Financial reporting and safeguarding of Company Assets and remedy of risks and gaps when identified
- Support statutory and internal audit and responsible for ensuring financial compliance and integrity
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed
Accounting professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA) with 3 years’ post qualification or bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
• At least 10 years’ experience of applicable financial management experience in progressively responsible assignments, preferably in industrial/ manufacturing companies, and a minimum of 3 years’ management experience, leading professionals preferred
• Experience and background in manufacturing and cost accounting desirable
• Aerospace industry preferred
• Strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and achieve results
• This position requires mathematical ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you will get in return
A fantastic opportunity to gain exposure within Aerospace and add value to a busy finance function on this site. Reporting directly to the Finance Director.
If interested, then please apply, or contact Nicky Harrison for a confidential discussion.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.