Job Title: Health & Social Care Trainer Coach (Assessor)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff/South Wales
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours p/w (8:30am – 4:30pm Mon – Thurs, 8:30am – 4pm Friday)
Salary: £22,500 -£26,000k plus millage allowance of 35p per mile.
Why work for this company
- Values driven organisation creating a amazing culture
- No 1 Best Mid-Sized Company to work for in the UK in 2021
- Accredited with three star status by the workplace engagement specialists, and indicates ‘World Class’ levels of engagement with employees.
- Top 100′ status for 6 consecutive years in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For in the UK
- Best Employer in Wales by the Federation of Small Business in 2019.
Our client, a 3 star accredited well-established Welsh Training Provider, are currently seeking an experienced Health & Social Care Coach (Assessor) to join the team. The objective is to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of healthcare qualifications across South Wales.
This role involves home and office based delivery as well as assessments onsite to maximize the blended learning experience.
For this role you will already hold the relevant Assessor qualification (A1, TAQA or equivalent) and a minimum level 3 in Health and Social Care.
You must have a have a desire to work with others and support learners towards maximizing their full potential. You will take responsibility for managing a caseload of learners, creating a individual and meaningful lesson plan and schedule of learning to support and motivate learners towards achieving qualifications.
Summary of Role:
To manage, review, assess and train a caseload of learners who are based in the workplace and are currently undertaking Apprenticeships across our learning routes. To ensure that the success rates of learners are at or above the level set by The Group. To teach, assess and record all aspects of the vocational route using where appropriate e-portfolios and creating a bespoke programme for each apprentice and their employe
Qualifications And Competencies
- Health and Social Care NVQ Level 2 and 3
- L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
- D32/33/A1/TAQA/CAVA or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
- Have considerable experience working in a Health & Social Care setting.
- Full Driving License
- Have experience in delivering qualifications or training
– 32/33 days annual leave including contractual 33 days inc. Christmas shutdown and day off for Birthday
– Employer pension contribution
– Laptop/mobile phone
– Monthly 1 to 1 meeting with your line manager
– Annual appraisal with your line manager
– Annual Christmas Dinner
– Complimentary tea and coffee
– Working in partnership with Credit Union
– Monthly & Annual Gr8 Awards
– Disability Confident Provider
– Daily ‘ (30 minutes) break
– Employee Assistance Programme offering counselling support and advice from day 1 of employment
– Healthy Workstation Allowance up to £150
– Annual wellbeing meeting with your line manager’s manager
– Employee Mental Health & Wellbeing Group
– Employee Mental Health Champions
– Flexible/home working encouraged
– Wellbeing room and staff room on site
– Signed up to the ‘Time to Change’ Employer Pledge
– Excellent wellbeing support, wellness action plans, employee assistance programmes and actively promote and engage with MIND Cymru
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
Safehands Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Safehands Recrutiment is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds