HORTICULTURAL NURSERY MANAGER
– Salary based on experience
– Permanent, Full-time position
We are currently working with our client based in Bredon who are looking for a Nursery Manager with Horticultural experience. You may be characterised by a background in product or retail management and the successful creation of strong, mutually beneficial relationships. You will possess a demonstrable track record as a horticulturalist and product development. The successful candidate will also be able to evidence ability to operate with organisational senior management.
The role of Horticultural Nursery Manager will be:
- Contribute towards and implement the growing strategy into the business
- Ensure that the Nursery meets and/or exceeds its budgets
- Provide the leadership required for the nursery to meet its objective
- Manage all aspects of plant production
- Direct the operational activities of the nursery
- Build and maintain an effective structure and a dynamic culture, recruiting, developing, training and motivating all staff within the nursery
- Monitor the performance of the nursery through proper accounting and reporting procedures in line with existing policies, being able to understand and manage detail as necessary
- Daily monitoring of the products’ ensuring quality is maintained
- Planning, application and monitoring of crop irrigation and maintenance of irrigation equipment
- Timely recording of stock movement and wastage sheets and subsequent distribution to stock control
- Liaise closely with the cash and carry outlets to ensure that stock quantity and quality levels are maintained
- Ensure that all products are ready for dispatch on time and are of the correct quality and quantity
- Planning, sourcing and application of pest, disease and weed control measures
- Development of crop husbandry procedures to ensure continuity of high-quality plans for marketing
- Take responsibility for health and safety within the nursery
- Ensure compliance with the Parkwood Group’s quality and environmental systems
The ideal candidate will have:
Horticultural experience is essential. You may be characterised by a background in product or retail management and the successful creation of strong, mutually beneficial relationships. You will possess a demonstrable track record as a horticulturalist and product development.
· It is essential that you have a good plant knowledge and understanding of the horticultural sector.
A relevant Degree/National Diploma or equivalent and appropriate professional qualifications are required.
Among the personal characteristics sought will be:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Business acumen
- Commercial ability
- Good relationship building skills
- Good Team working skills
- Vitality and resilience
- Numerically confident, with the ability to produce professional and succinct reports
- Strength in planning and time management
- A serious sense of responsibility for Health and Safety
- A high energy level
- A clear identification with the requirements of Glendale Horticulture’s customers
- The ability to demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement and adherence to the quality systems
- A clear identification of the requirements of Glendale Horticulture suppliers and clients
- A clear identification of the requirements of Glendale Horticulture suppliers and clients.
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.