The role of Infrastructure PM/Architect is responsible for the technical design, implementation, and integrity of the business IT infrastructure. Overseeing the provision, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of all infrastructure services (both cloud & on-premise), encompassing hardware, operating systems & associated software, networking & unified communications platforms across all company offices & branches.
As a senior member of the IT team you will demonstrate a passion for delivering robust, scalable & resilient enterprise solutions and be a forward-thinking technologist with a strong infrastructure background. Experience of interacting with both business and technical functions to align solutions & services to system, technical and commercial requirements to facilitate growth. This role will lead, control and manage complex IT technical infrastructure initiatives through the full project life cycle, from definition, build & configuration through to the transition into business as usual support.
You will have technically led projects with multiple IT resources & business partners involved, utilising a disciplined, structured approach to your work, demonstrating organisational skills in planning, documenting and keeping to agreed schedules. Additionally, you will possess the following:
• Significant technical knowledge & experience, gained whilst working in ‘hands-on’ roles previously, spanning all aspects of on-premise & cloud-based infrastructure architecture
• Possess experience of working on major enterprise level technical delivery projects
• Have experience of working in an iterative or agile delivery environment
• Demonstrative commercial experience, possessing a track record of successfully delivering commercially advantageous technical solutions
• Have consistently managed and exceeded expectations
• Proven ability to work under pressure and with others
• Possess a tenacious attention to detail and quality
• Exhibit strong time management and motivation skills
• Possess first class communication skills
You will be involved in the build & configuration of scalable, resilient & secure technical platforms that will support & facilitate the future growth strategy of the business. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, technology led team directly involved in the development of exciting commercial technical projects for a business experiencing significant growth.
• Design, architect, and implement resilient & scalable infrastructure services & solutions configured to support business growth objectives
• Work within the IT Team in an R&D capacity, investigating & identifying new technologies with specific relevance to the business
• Liaison with colleagues & technology partners in the detailed design & configuration of infrastructure architecture
• Assist in defining technology roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals
• Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and support the implementation of empowering web & mobile technology solutions & platforms
• Provide architectural guidance, knowledge transfer & mentoring across the IT team
• Establish & ensure compliance with best practice architectural frameworks & design in the implementation of projects
• Liaise with the Development team and business representatives to understand the needs of the business and future technical infrastructure direction
• Participate in workshops and provide presentations of proposed solutions
• Ensure delivery of resilient, scalable & secure architecture, optimising the use of cloud-based platforms & services
• Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in Infrastructure Automation and Enterprise Security & their relevance to Clarkson Evans
• Acts as a technical liaison between business departments and the technical team
• Consistent review and audit of infrastructure architecture design and suitability
• Create technical documentation.
You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of working on major enterprise level infrastructure delivery projects
• Strong technology background, including the provision of infrastructure solutions to support strategic application & database development
• Experienced in the design & delivery of resilient, scalable technical platforms using Cloud technologies (Saas/PaaS/IaaS/DaaS)
• Excellent experience of infrastructure architecture provision within a predominantly Microsoft based stack including AD, IIS, SQL Server & O365 with a focus on security, performance and scalability
• Experienced in the provisioning of solutions utilising Cloud technologies (ideally Azure), high availability sets, virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), Azure Traffic Manager, Recovery Manager, Data services, automatic scaling etc.
• Design and management of network infrastructure including IPT telephony (Mitel), firewall, VPN and MPLS/SDWAN migration
• Exhibit the ability to work at both a high- and low-level solution design stages
• Possess an understanding of the HTTP life cycle and of Web Services
• Solid understanding of business change and software development life cycle processes
• Database design & resilience, data replication & reporting (PowerBI)
• Experience in design & architecture of server & storage platforms & all associated network connectivity
• Definition & delivery of RPO & RTO objectives aligned to customer service SLA’s
• Load & performance testing, capacity management and application load-balancing
• The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised
• Possess excellent judgement, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience of using IT Service Management tools.
• Effective written and verbal communication at all levels