Interim Tax Consultant – 6-month fixed term contract – £40k
Home Based anywhere in the UK
An exciting 6-month fixed term contract working for an international business, process outsourcing and professional services company. A rare opportunity to work in the comfort of your own home, based anywhere in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Tax,the successful incumbent will work very closely with other corporation tax team members, wider Group Tax Team, Group Finance, Business Finance teams, the Group entity rationalisation team, and other internal stakeholders.
• Preparing UK corporation tax computations and returns for entities being liquidated
• UK corporation tax review of step plans and draft trial balances for the transfers of trade and assets between intra-group companies (BTAs), including write up of tax analysis for Head of Tax review and sign off
• UK corporation tax review of liquidation steps and draft trial balances, including write up of tax analysis for Head of Tax review and sign off
• Preparing calculations to support tax accounting journals for BTAs and liquidations, and communicating relevant journals to Group Finance
• Other corporation tax matters that may come up from time to time
What you will need to succeed
• A recognised Tax or Accounting Qualification (e.g., CTA, ATT, ACA)
• Understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience of using Alphatax tax compliance software will be an advantage
• Good understanding of UK tax compliance requirements and tax accounting
• Experience of accounting systems (e.g., SAP/BPC)
• Understanding of how business transfers work will be an advantage
• Good all-round communicator
• Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
What you will get in return
An incredible opportunity to gain experience and have exposure to a plethora of different industries – Retail, Insurance, Transport, Utilities, Banking & Financial Services, Telecoms & Media & Life & Pensions, in the Private and Public sector.
An exciting time for this business that is committed to investing in technology & work environment to ensure everyone can thrive. They have also responded robustly to the challenges of 2020/21 and have been reshaping and transforming their future.
If interested, then please apply, or contact Nicky Harrison for a confidential discussion.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.