Job Role: IT Service Desk Manager.
A superb opportunity for an IT Service Desk Manager to join a prestigious business. This role will sit within the IT / Technical side of the business, so it is essential that you have demonstrated experience of working within this industry. You will be a self-motivated, and highly organised individual, keen to progress your career within a fast-growing business. Offering a competitive salary of £35,000 and fantastic benefits. This is a full time, permanent position based in Gloucester.
The Role of an IT Service Desk Manager:
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of support from the IT Service Desk Team.
- Ensure client service focus is prioritised and championed among the IT Service Desk Team.
- Ensure any staffing, support and availability related risks to the service are understood and mitigated.
- Ensure the IT Service Desk Team provide quality call handling and lifecycle of requests by regularly reviewing calls and tickets.
- Promote the automation of service requests where appropriate and identify areas of lifecycle improvement.
- Develop the IT Service Desk team professionally ensuring that skill levels are maintained, and training requirements are highlighted.
- Create a Service Development & Improvement Plan for the service desk and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to peers and clients through regular Service Review meetings and events.
- Maintain appropriate system documentation, support procedures and proactive rota/cover arrangements.
Skills and attributes of an IT Service Desk Manager:
- Previous experience of working within Fire, Security or Data Infrastructure industry.
- Previous experience managing a team in an MSP or similar environment.
- Knowledge of support procedures and incident management – ITIL foundation certification or similar
- Good knowledge of MS products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and confident using IT software
- Experience of managing ticketing systems such as ConnectWise, Autotask, ServiceNow
- Experience of managing an RMM solution
- On-call allowance
- 25 days holiday plus BH’s
- Pension scheme (auto enrolment with salary exchange)
- Healthshield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Parking at the office or locally is free
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Elliott @ RE Recruitment.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you have not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.