CNC – Machine Setter
Permanent – £28-30K Per Year + OT + Healthcare + Pension
RE Recruitment have a new opportunity for experienced CNC Machine Setters to come and join our client at their Manufacturing Plant in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire.
Our client is a Global manufacturer in the Automotive sector, and due to a sustained period of growth they are looking to expand their skilled workers to assist in the continued increase of output across the factory.
Key responsibilities & duties
- To be responsible for the setting, checking and calibration of all gauging equipment within a cell.
- To be responsible for the start-up, re-setting, running and shutdown of all machines in a cell, including fixtures, tooling (including ordering) and all work handling equipment
- To be responsible for the training of operators within a cell and ensuring sign-off against training plans.
- To allocate daily tasks to operators within a cell to ensure output targets are achieved in line with quality and health and safety standards.
- To ensure effective day by day communication to all operators within a cell regarding output targets, performance, achievement against MOP’s, and issues affecting quality.
- To be responsible for the generation, collation, and publication of MOP’s data.
- To be accountable for the quality of parts processed by ensuring that quality procedures are adhered to, and any quality problems are identified and reacted to promptly.
- To assist in the development and implementation of process improvement activities, including process control, scrap reduction and TQ activity.
- To be responsible for ensuring effective material flow including the receipt, handling, storage, and delivery of all materials to and from, and within a cell.
- To be responsible for ensuring first line maintenance of all plant and machinery within a cell (including coolants and filtration).
- Supports the communicating to the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Escalates any customer quality concern immediately upon identification, with their respective APU Quality team
Skills & Qualifications
- Motivated team player, committed to quality
- Being a methodical problem solver to efficiently identify and resolve equipment/process issues in the cell
- Ability to communicate to all levels across the business
- Experience in a similar high volume manufacturing environment
- Recognised Apprenticeship or similar technical qualification (Level 2 minimum or above required)
- Recognisable experience may be considered with sufficient proof of training/experience within a similar manufacturing environment.
- To be team orientated
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- To comply to company Health, Safety and Environmental regulations such as PPE showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
- Treat work colleagues with respect. (Equality and Diversity)
3-shift rota – Rotated fortnightly
Mornings & Afternoons: Monday – Friday (06.00 – 14.00, 14.00 – 22.00)
Nights: Sunday – Thursday (22.00 – 06.00)
For further information please contact Ed Bryant on 07384 255850 or Edwardb@rerecruitment.com