Mechanical Design Engineer – R&D
Immediate Start available
A great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Research and Development (R&D) team of a global business. You will be responsible for developing and designing innovative, bespoke engineering solutions.
- Qualified to a degree level in an engineering discipline (marine/mechanical or similar)
- Proficient in the use of Abaqus software for finite element method (FEM) analysis, experience in nonlinear analyses would be beneficial
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of SolidWorks or a similar 3D CAD package
- Creative and innovative in their problem solving and product / process development
- Able to demonstrate high attention to detail
- Confident, assertive and proactive in their approach to work with a ‘can do’, flexible attitude
- Able to work effectively, both as part of a team and autonomously, consistently to high standards of accuracy and quality
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing linear and nonlinear FE analyses of assemblies under dynamic and steady state, stress and thermal loading conditions
- Performing structural and mechanical calculations
- Preparation of detailed technical reports incorporating FEA results
- Preparation of technical drawings using SolidWorks
- Product design and development within R&D for concept designs, quotations and R&D testing
- Preparation of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of products.
- Creation of new parts and bills of materials
- Conducting site visits and surveys
- Attending meetings with clients, suppliers and third party certification bodies
- Conducting R&D project engineering
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary dependent upon experience
- 15% bonus scheme
- 6% pension scheme contributions (matched)
- Life insurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to lifestyle benefits website
- Access to well-being programmes
- Free parking on site
- Free tea/coffee provided
This is a full time, permanent position, contracted to 37.5 hours per week working 08:00-16:45 Monday-Thursday and 08:00-12:30 Friday.
If you’re a project manager and this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Sadiek @ RE Recruitment.com today
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.