Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 – £40,000 DOE + bonus
Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has become available for a mechanical design engineer to join a global business and leader in their fields.
The Mechanical Design Engineer acting as technical lead for customer orders and development projects, providing bespoke engineered solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Product design and development
- Structural and mechanical calculations
- Preparation of detailed technical reports, testing documents and installation manuals
- Preparation of technical drawings using SolidWorks
- Preparation of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of products
- Attending customer meetings and site visits
- Meetings with clients, suppliers, and third-party certification bodies
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems
- Educated to degree level in engineering (mechanical / materials / marine or similar)
- Experienced in mechanical / structural design
- Good understanding of materials, materials (such as polymers and metals) and test methods
- Working experience of design using polymers
- Knowledge of subsea design practices
- Creative and innovative in approach to problem solving and product / process development
- Ability to work on and progress projects independently
- Highly organised, consistent, and reliable in seeing tasks through to completion
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to work to consistently high standards of quality and accuracy
- Champions of continuous improvement; confident to challenge working practices, recommend improvements and drive improvements through the business
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of SolidWorks or a similar 3D CAD package and strong Excel skills
- Ideally be experienced in Mathcad and using FEA packages – Abacus
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary dependent upon experience
- 15% bonus scheme
- 6% pension scheme contributions (matched)
- Life insurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to lifestyle benefits website
- Access to well-being programmes
- Free parking on site
- Free tea/coffee provided
This is a full time, permanent position, contracted to 37.5 hours per week working 08:00-16:45 Monday-Thursday and 08:00-12:30 Friday.
If you’re a project manager and this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Sadiek @ RE Recruitment.com today
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.