PHP Software Developer
Gloucester – remote working available for right individual
Permanent – Immediate start available
You will be working within an eCommerce dedicated resource to develop, deploy and maintain a modern cross-platform, fully responsive, mobile friendly website.
• Deliver excellent PHP solutions across a broad array of software projects.
• Designing and developing APIs to communicate between the different business systems
• Production of fully functional, clean modern code; integration of backend data; web layout templating; de-bugging practices and bug-fixes; security practices and adherence to the coding standard.
• Building and implementing new features but also extending and supporting current bespoke systems.
• Bringing legacy code up to date and improving its performance in the process.
- Solid experience in MVC (Laravel, Zend Framework).
- Micro frameworks such as Lumen for REST APIs.
- Ability to write clean modern PHP Object Orientated code.
- Expertise to rewrite legacy code to make it faster, lighter and more extensible.
- Front-end framework knowledge preferably Vue.js
- Database design / optimisation (MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora).
- Caching (Redis, Memcached).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Working with web services (XML/JSON/REST).
- Knowledge of Git, Composer and code repositories (Beanstalk App, GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure Repos).
- Thorough understanding of security practices.
- An active interest in current / new technologies to offer alternative solutions and tools to enhance applications.
- Understanding of AWS and DevOps.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment environment & technologies.
- Automated testing, configuration and deployment.
- Ability to listen and understand complex business problems and translate into quality solutions.
- Be adaptable in an environment which is subject to priorities changing.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance whilst adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Passion for technology and selling online, with experience in eCommerce and B2C applications.
If you are a developer, then apply today to Sadie@ RE Recruitment today
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.