– Monday to Friday. 0830 – 1700
– £25,000 – £29,000
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful company who provide a great range of multi-temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh range to caterers across the country.
Main Roles and Responsibilites:
Planning and Buying –
- To actively manage a portfolio of suppliers, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained. This will involve sourcing new suppliers to fill gaps in our current range, to improve our overall quality of product and to achieve improved trading / pricing terms.
- To monitor and confirm the quality standards of produce within the warehouse to the suppliers and internal customers on a daily basis.
- To update produce prices on the system as required.
Warehouse and Goods In –
- To ensure that all all stock received is correct and in good condition and that deliveries are accepted in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To carry out the accurate replenishment of all pick fixtures and to monitor the condition of all product and ensure that all stock is rotated to maintain good sell by dates to the customer and minimise waste by following company procedures.
- Adhere to the procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment, including Powered Pallet Truck’s & Fork Lifts.
- Follow company protocols and procedures relating to the handling of temperature sensitive products.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically surrounding health and safety.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean, tidy and is free of obstacles at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
To be successful in this role you must have a a good knowledge of, and a genuine passion for fresh produce. The ideal candidate will also have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be highly motivated, keen to learn new skills, not be afraid to get stuck in and have a desire to make a difference. Having the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers – this includes employees, managers, visitors and delivery drivers.
- Experience and relevant licence or certification to utilise Fork Lifts would be desirable (Counterbalance and/or Reach), but not essential as all training can be provided internally.
- Experience as a Warehouse Operative ideally gained in a Foodservice environment.
- Experience as a planner or buyer ideally gained working with fresh produce.
- Quality Control Experience.
This Buyers position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements, the successful candidate will receive highly competitive basic annual salary of £30,000 – £36,000 which is demonstrable with previous relevant experience, plus excellent company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.