Responsible for the planning, control and delivery of projects throughout the Group within the overall Integration and Change Programme.
Reporting to the Head of IT/Programme Manager, the role will be required to work with project Sponsors to develop and manage the delivery of projects and initiatives that support the company Strategy and Target Operating Model.
The role requires exceptional inter-personal skills and a strong command of both written and spoken English to work with Subject Matter Experts, Business Leads, Senior Leadership Team and employees in order to successfully deliver defined project outputs and benefits.
Many of the Projects will be technology-enabled, either through in-house or 3rd Party applications, and the Project Manager will work closely with the IT team to ensure their successful delivery into service. The projects delivered will vary over time, and include, but are not limited to: the integration of new acquisitions, the deployment of new technology or technology-enabled processes, re-structuring of Group estate, delivery of projects covering key areas including HSEQ, Training, HR, Finance and Service Delivery.
Main Tasks of the Job
- To work with project Sponsors and the Programme Manager to define, plan, gain approval for, manage delivery and report on integration and change projects across the business.
- To track progress, issues and risks for each ongoing project using MS Project and other tools as appropriate
- To produce Senior Leadership Team and Board Level reports using: MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Word
- Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of Project Management methods throughout the team and wider business.
- Advise Sponsors and Senior Leaders on the best approach to deliver projects, minimise/mitigate risks and realise benefits in the most timely and economic manner.
- To analyse data and produce reports and documentation as requested.
Any other duties reasonably commensurate with this post.
- Have experience of working within a busy Project or Programme environment
- Ideally to have experience of delivering medium-sized (200 User +) ERP projects into service
- Ideally to have worked in, or understand, the Water industry.
- Ideally to have worked on/supported projects relating to company acquisitions and their integration
- Experience of building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
Skills and Competences
- • Strong inter-personal and influencing skills working with Senior Leaders, Project Sponsors and 3rd Party suppliers.
- • Demonstrable experience with all stages of a project lifecycle
- • Highly computer-literate: confident, proactive and possessing, at a minimum, intermediate skills and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint; a working or better knowledge of SharePoint would be an advantage.
- • Ability to extract and analyse data to produce clear, concise reports.
- • Excellent written and communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels and to be able to write formal reports.
- • Ability to operate independently, under own initiative within the bounds of the wider Programme and Integration framework
- • Proven leadership skills demonstrating ability in developing and delivering effective collaborative working procedures.
- Some travel to different UK sites (very occasional overnight)
- Minimum 5 years working in a Programme or busy Project environment, within a multi-entity or matrixed environment.
- Ability to work within an Agile framework (Sprint Teams, JIRA etc)
- Good understanding and practical, hands-on experience of systems development lifecycle
- Pragmatic problem-soling capability
- Demonstrable intermediate + MS Office skills
- Demonstrable high level of written and oral English skills
- Evidence of professional, technical and personal development
- Ideally graduate level
- Formal Project Management skills (e.g. APM(P), PRINCE 2, PMP, P3O)
- Demonstrable experience of working on or delivering projects from Business Case through to Benefits Realisation