My client a global leader in innovative consumer products are seeking a Quality Technician to join the SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) Team, providing support across a range of quality day-to-day duties. The role is responsible for
facilitating a high level of quality performance for all products, processes and systems.
You will join a market leading company with great opportunities for career progression and training working with outstanding professionals. There will be opportunities to create a development plan with opportunities to complete courses e.g. Six Sigma.
Quality Technician Key Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for conducting the internal audits against ISO9001 to ensure compliance.
2. Responsible for managing the ISIR/PPAP process and maintaining records.
3. Responsible for managing the calibration system ensuring that all equipment is calibrated as required and maintaining records for all gauges
4. Assist in problem solving workshops and drive improvement in SHEQ performance i.e PPM and customer concern reduction, Lost time injuries, accident, near misses etc.
5. Support the analysis of quality concerns (Internal and External) and instigate improvement projects.
6. Support New Product and Process Introduction.
7. Participate in robust Change Management activities.
8. Complete goods-inwards inspection on products.
9. Any other business as instructed by line management.
Quality Technician Main Duties:
1. Conducting internal audits/FPC audits to schedule. Reporting non-conformities to the manager of the area and ensuring the non-conformities are closed out in a timely manner by the manager of the area.
2. Conducting calibration of the equipment to the schedule.
3. Organising external calibration of equipment that cannot be completed in house. (contacting the companies, raising PO, arrange collection and delivery of the equipment).
4. Placing items on goods-inwards inspection.
5. Competing goods-inwards inspection on product ensuring that they meet the companies requirements.
6. Investigate quality concerns to conclusion and document the outcome, in a timely manner.
7. Raising supplier reject notes and closure of supplier responses to concerns.
8. Support production to reduce quality issues.
9. Measurement of parts and completion of ISIR/PPAP documents.
10. Compiling monthly reports.
……….and any other duties required to assist in supporting the achievement of Company objectives
Continuous improvement in the quality performance of the company
Completion of Audits on time to schedule
Closure of audit non-conformities in a timely manner
All equipment is within calibration
Completion of goods inwards inspection in a timely manner
Completion of investigations into quality concerns
Maintaining the ISIR/PPAP process
Quality input to New Product Introduction & change management following prescribed Group Gateway process
Quality Technician Experience :
Able to manage own time effectively, whilst working to tight deadlines.
Previous experience in a Quality role within the Industry would be advantageous.
Experience in metrology.
IT skills – able to effective use AX, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
Excellent customer service skills.
Salary £28500, apply today or call Chris Rooum on 07471 902694.