SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental, Quality) Technician
My client, are a world leading manufacturer in their field with cutting edge technologies. The role will see you working as a key member of the SHEQ Team, providing support across a range of SHEQ day to day duties. The role is responsible for facilitating a high level of SHEQ performance for all products, processes and systems.
SHEQ Technician Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for conducting the internal audits for ISO9001, ISO14001, Health & Safety and FPC to ensure compliance with system.
2. Responsible for managing the ISIR/PPAP process and maintaining records.
3. Responsible for managing the calibration system ensuring that all equipment is calibrated as required and maintaining records for all gauges
4. Assist in problem solving workshops and drive improvement in SHEQ performance i.e PPM and customer concern reduction, Lost time injuries, accident, near misses etc.
5. Support the analysis of SHEQ concerns (Internal and External) and instigate improvement projects.
6. Support New Product and Process Introduction.
7. Participate in robust Change Management activities.
8. Complete goods-inwards inspection on products.
9. Any other business as instructed by line management.
1. Conducting internal audits/FPC audits to schedule. Reporting non-conformities to the manager of the area and ensuring the non-conformities are closed out in a timely manner by the manager of the area.
2. Conducting calibration of the equipment to the schedule.
3. Organising external calibration of equipment that cannot be completed in house (contacting the companies, raising PO, arrange collection and delivery of the equipment).
4. Placing items on goods-inwards inspection.
5. Competing goods-inwards inspection on product ensuring that they meet the companies requirements.
6. Investigate SHEQ concerns to conclusion and document the outcome, in a timely manner.
7. Support production to reduce SHEQ issues.
8. Measurement of parts and completion of ISIR/PPAP documents.
9. Compiling monthly SHEQ reports.
SHEQ Technician Principal Accountabilities:
Continuous improvement in the SHEQ performance of the company
Completion of Audits on time to schedule
Closure of audit non-conformities in a timely manner
All equipment is within calibration
Completion of goods inwards inspection in a timely manner
Completion of investigations into SHEQ concerns
Maintaining the ISIR/PPAP process
SHEQ input to New Product Introduction & change management following prescribed AA Group Gateway process
SHEQ Technician Experience :
Able to manage own time effectively, whilst working to tight deadlines.
Previous experience in a SHEQ role within the Industry would be advantageous.
Experience in metrology.
IT skills – able to effective use AX, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
Excellent customer service skills.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Qualified internal auditor
Competency in the use of CMMs
Customer (external/Internal) Focus
Structured Problem Solving (8D, 5 Why, Design of Experiments etc.)
Planning and Organisation
AX, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
Personal characteristics :
Must be able to work as part of a team and on their own
Must be able to manage multiple obligations and deadlines
Tolerant and sympathetic
Able to communicate at all levels within the organisation
Eye for detail
Systematic thinker who uses data to drive decision making.