An Experienced ICT Support Professional responsible for the operational support and delivery of the internal ICT systems. You will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading a range of technologies currently utilised across the company. This will include maintaining services and responding to support requests, as well as the development of new systems and services and related projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide professional, efficient, and accurate responses to anyone wishing to report a fault, problem, issue or seeking information or advice, face-to-face or over the phone / remotely.
• Execute the day-to-day ICT maintenance and administration of systems to ensure normal operation is maintained and to minimise downtime wherever possible.
• Responsible for ensuring relevant Backups are in place and ensuring these are regularly monitored / tested.
• Installation and maintenance of server software systems, including service pack upgrades and version upgrades.
• Maintenance of Firewall and Gateway security policies ensuring the security of the system is always maintained.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, contributing ideas for the next generation of solutions.
• Develop and optimise existing IT solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
• Manage all information technology and computer systems.
• Plan, organise, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
• Conduct, participate in and contribute to any ICT projects but also provide technical advice on non-ICT related projects.
• Follow procedures and policies of the business and assist with the enhancement of ICT procedures and policies.
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in reasonable time.
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
• Building effective relationships with key stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience of Office365 – OneDrive, Teams, Exchange Online, Azure AD also general knowledge of Cloud technologies.
• Experience of Microsoft Windows and Office are essential.
• Experience of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL Server.
• Experience of installing and supporting Sage Line 50.
• Networking, VLans and Watchguard Firewall Security.
• Knowledge of VMWare / HyperV.
• Telephone systems, preferably Avaya.
• Problem solving and a willingness to take ownership of tasks.
• An ability to provide clear and concise instructions, leading by example at every point.
• Excellent planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships.
• Has extensive knowledge of and a passion for Information and Communication Technologies and keeps abreast of emerging technologies and analyses possible benefits to the company.
• Working knowledge and experience of information security systems and processes, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices.
• MCSA – Windows Server 2016.
• Microsoft 365 Certified.
• Sage X3 implementation and user experience
• Qliksense or other data cube experience
• Ability to influence and present new ideas for improvements in technology.
• Ability to work in and react to a changing environment and respond pragmatically to problems as they arise.
• ITIL knowledge.