About the job
I am recruiting on behalf on my rapidly-expanding client who are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile Technical Lead, used to working in complex environments. You will be leading a small team of highly capable people, however it is essential that you are happy to be ‘hands on’ too. If you want to work at an agile, successful company, who puts their people and their customers at the heart of everything they do, then this could be a great opportunity for you.
This is a great place to work and flexible working to accommodate individual circumstances.
This key role within the business will be ideal if you are a technical leader who is passionate about meeting customers’ needs and have the technical know-how to enable you to assist your team in finding the best possible solutions.
Key duties include:
- Working with clients in the Defence and National Security sectors, leading a small software engineering and/or research or consulting team, delivering quality solutions within complex and secure IT environments
- Contributing to technology strategies, roadmaps, design patterns and reviews for both the business and their customers
- Overseeing tasks and projects ensuring we deliver to the required deadlines, demonstrating leadership and guidance within your own specialism
- Providing support, technical expertise, advice and guidance to our internal and customer activities
- Helping identify and develop further business opportunities with Account Managers
- Provision of timely, accurate reporting and updates to all key stakeholders
- Mentor, coach and develop junior staff
- Reporting into a valued and knowledgeable Chief Architect
- Experience of architecting and implementing solutions for clients including leading technical teams, ideally in the Defence / National Security Sector
- Clear understanding of the principles and technologies surrounding information and data management and exploitation/analysis including; lifecycle management, NoSQL and relational databases
- Able to interact confidently with customers, always going the extra mile to achieve their goals
- Experience of producing clear, concise, well-written documents tailored to your target audience (including non-technical)
- A strong technical background and a desire to learn new skills
- Experience of working with TOGAF or Archimate
- Designing and deploying solutions in Windows and Linux-based systems
- Experience of software engineering lifecycles including Agile development methodologies
- Experience of integrating COTS and Open Source Technologies such as; Elastic Stack, ArcGIS, RabbitMQ, Apache NiFi or similar
- Ideally educated to at least BSc in a computer related subject, engineering or similar or have other relevant professional qualifications and experience
- SC/DV clearance or the willingness to undergo this process
- To be considered, it is essential that you are a British Citizen due to the required security clearance.
If you are a collaborative team player who will add value, be able to motivate yourself and take pride in delivering excellent customer solutions often to tight deadlines, then we would love to hear from you.
You will in time need to be able to work weekly from our Gloucestershire office, but will also have flexibility to work from home and visit client sites.
Excellent salary, benefits, flexible working plus a lovely rural setting!
A competitive salary is offered which attracts the usual benefits of Pension, Healthcare and Life Cover. The company also benefits from a generous bonus scheme.
This is a full-time permanent position, offering flexible working in order to accommodate other priorities that life will throw at you.
A small but enthusiastic team of knowledgeable professionals working in a busy but informal environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged. My client specialise in geospatial systems and information management, their people are our most important asset and are what set them apart. A small but rapidly expanding company, where every individual makes a huge contribution to our success and everyone can develop their career as they continue to grow.