About the role
Responsible for our Service Charge Officer, Money Advisors, Senior Job Coach and our Partnership Funding Officer, you’ll ensure customers sustain their tenancies through effective pre-tenancy assessment, the provision of support that includes money advice, appropriate signposting and working with agencies. You’ll ensure you achieve, maintain and report on all aspects of rent and yearly service charges including team performance, KPI’s, money advice services, tenancy sustainment and the annual rent review and ensure the effective performance management of the team that supports delivery against set targets and KPIs through our performance management framework.
We’re looking for an individual who holds a professional housing qualification (or who is working towards this) and who has previous experience of delivering customer orientated services. With experience of effectively leading, managing and motivating diverse teams, you will have comprehensive knowledge of the housing sector, including legal and regulatory requirements relating to income management, money and employment advice as well as be able to develop effective working relationships. We’d also like you to have excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports, and have good attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure.
Experience of preparing and managing budgets and monitoring financial performance is desirable, as is the ability to think strategically and make corporate decisions.
- Responsibility for the effective application and recovery of service charges ensuring compliance statutory/legislative and corporate requirements.
- To ensure effective procedures are in place for the provision of quality money advice and support for customers to ensure tenancy sustainment.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are compliant with policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Provide leadership and direction to create a team culture that supports customers to sustain tenancies by prevention, early intervention, and income maximisation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all agencies in our communities and internal as well as external partners to ensure effective service delivery and the achievement of key objectives.
- Responsible for achieving, maintaining, and reporting on all aspects of rent and yearly service charges including team performance, KPI’s, money advice services, tenancy sustainment and the annual rent review within compliance and regulatory standards.
- To ensure effective performance management of the team that supports delivery against set targets and KPIs through our performance management framework and general day to day leadership and management.
- Manage and effectively work with other teams to ensure that the Service Charge Officer creates the service charges timetable, within the required timescales, consultations are carried out and calculations are correct. Escalating any predicted delay in the timetable to the Head of Income.
- To lead on monthly funding spend meetings, to include the other relevant managers within the housing directorate. Own any actions and outcomes from the meetings ensuring completion and delivery.
- Regularly review reports and KPI data and proactively report findings to the Head of Income and highlight any areas of concern.
- Drive department and service improvements and develop processes for supporting the income collection officers to prevent arrears.
- Ensure that there is a proactive approach to internal teams, external partnerships and with support agencies to promote the take up of benefits and ensure customers receive appropriate advice and to support tenancy sustainment.
- Support the Head of Income in managing the risk of welfare reform on the organisation and its tenants.
- Contribute to the delivery of department objectives, strategies, action plans and projects as required including contribution to the development and improvement of policies.
- Proactively lead on the development and review of policy and procedures, in line with the policy framework, relating to income management and money advice, ensuring that legal and regulatory requirements and good practice are observed.
- Provide data and other information to compile or assist with the contents of reports. Write and present reports as required.
- Effectively manage agreed budgets, in accordance with policy and procedure, ensuring value for money and maximising efficiency.
Line management responsibilities
- Effectively lead and manage direct reports and the team, ensuring that they exercise their responsibilities in full.
- Ensure all appropriate health and safety risk assessments are in place and making sure staff are aware of and adhere to any specific instructions and use personal protective equipment where required.
- Ensure that team members are aware of any risks associated with their role, adhere to any specific instructions, and use personal protective equipment where required.
- Provide regular one to ones and reviews to manage employee performance, in accordance with company policies, procedures and guidance.
- Manage absence related matters, including conducting return to work meetings and promoting employee health and wellbeing.
- Delegate responsibilities based on competence of employees and the needs of the organisation to promote development and team working.
- With the support of the Human Resources team, ensure that employees receive all mandatory and specialist training.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that key company messages and activity are communicated to direct reports and team members.
- Ensure that direct reports and teams exhibit the company values and behaviours.
- Professional housing or related qualification or working towards.
- Delivering customer orientated services.
- Established track record of delivering results and continuous improvement in service delivery. Experience of effectively leading, managing and motivating a team and individuals.
- Delivering effective working relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of housing sector including the legal and regulatory requirements relating to income management.
- The ability to apply people management policies and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, including the ability to write reports.
- Customer focussed, externally and internally.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage change effectively. Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to assess, manage and monitor risks.
- 37 hours, Monday to Friday.
- Evesham based with travel to or work at our other offices, services, schemes, projects, housing, or development locations as dictated by the role.
- The work can be carried out between 8.00am and 6.30pm with line manager agreement and in accordance with role responsibilities and business need.
- £36,085 per annum.
- 45p per mile can be claimed for business miles by casual car users.
- Annual allowance paid monthly to support those who use are essential car users.
- 25 days each year plus 8 bank holidays.
- 1 additional concessionary day (normally the day after Boxing Day).
- One extra day will be added for each full holiday year of service up to 5 additional days.
- SHPS CARE pension scheme. Matching employer contribution up to 9%.
- Next of kin or nominated person to receive a financial sum of three times annual salary, upon death in service.
- Group funded health cash plan, which includes a range of treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides 24-hour free confidential phone helpline for employees and families at the same address.
- Free confidential telephone counselling service with up to 8 free confidential face to face counselling sessions.
- Annual performance award for exceptional contribution. Awards are 2%, 5% or 10% of salary.
- Most locations have on-site parking or allocation parking nearby.
- Annual professional membership fee paid if relevant and required for the role.
- Sick pay from day one of employment. Level of entitlement is based on service.
- Much more benefits available on request.