Transport Administrator Required in Hereford
Our client based in Hereford is looking for a transport assistant to help assist them in a busy blue-chip transport office. The client is a giant within the distribution sector and provides an excellent opportunity to gain additional experience and potentially a permanent career with a reputable company. We are seeking an enthusiastic experienced traffic assistant to join them on a temporary to permanent basis. The client delivers their products across the country and are renowned for offering excellent customer service and therefore require a professional and experienced transport administrator, who can hit the ground running to support with various duties and customer deliveries. The client would be happy to accept someone with strong admin skills, without any transport office experience.
You will require the following skills and attributes (transport related not essential):
- Previous experience within the transport sector or experience of a similar role, as transport administration or as a transport clerk/planner/weigh bridge operative – preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
- Have a good telephone manner
- You will be responsible for booking consignments for delivery and receiving instructions from customers regarding collection of their freight
- You will also be communicating with other depots to ensure delivery is completed on time and dealing with any problems that may arise, as well as scanning information to each consignment and keeping an audit trail of each stage of the delivery.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced highly pressurised environment
- Customer orientated with supply chain experience an advantage.
- Flexibility to work in a support role
- Good Knowledge of Transport Legal responsibilities, including EU working time directive and Driving hours regulations
- Strong ICT skills – in Microsoft office including excel.
- Previous experience of Tacho Master would be desirable
- Understanding of the different classes of drivers
- Ability to work as a team player
- Responsible for ensuring all drivers receive the correct paperwork and are fully briefed at the start and end of their run, in line with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Ensure all documentation on debrief is filled out correctly and is in line with company policies and procedures
- Providing support to the transport shift managers and Transport manager as required
- Ensuring that internal systems are managed and monitored, making sure all information is present and correct and there is full compliance to any regulations
- Accurately recording driver hours, including agency drivers, ensuring adherence to their run times started on their paperwork
- Reporting any anomalies directly to the Transport Shift Manager
- To accurately record all holidays, sickness and any other absence and ensuring the necessary records and rotas are always up to date
- To set up drivers’ records for new starters to keep licence information
- To keep accurate records of any tachograph infringements and driving license checks
- Working with the fleet department to ensure defects are logged, servicing schedules are met, and fleet issues are escalated as required
- Any other adhoc duties as and when required
Pay: £12 DOE
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, with a degree of flexibility –1800-1700pm
You must be able to start immediately and hit the ground running, please only apply if you are available to start with immediate effect.
This is an exciting position, with the ability to gain valuable experience to help with your personal development and increase your employability. To apply or for further information please call Jasmine on 07471902586, alternatively please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re Resource Group is committed to delivering equality opportunities in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.