My client based In Gloucester are seeking an experienced Credit Controller, to join their growing team. The successful candidate with have excellent rapport building skills with the ability to ensure timely payments are received, the processing of incoming funds, reconciliation of customer accounts, resolution of account queries and ownership of the credit management process.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity offering a superb salary of £22,000 – £25,000 per annum DOE, plus superb benefits as detailed below.
THE ROLE AS A CREDIT CONTROLLER:
- Pre-validating that invoices have been received and approved for payment with customer Finance departments.
- Telephoning and emailing customers for overdue debts.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Issuing credit control letters and monthly statements of account and recording full notes of action taken.
- Maintaining and setting up customer account records.
- Collecting Direct Debit mandate payments from customers.
- Preparation of regular report highlighting status of debtors including contact made, issues and actions to resolve, expected payment date etc.
- Run credit checks on new customers and provide recommendations to the Operations team.
- Ongoing review to ensure alignment of debt position between Sage and Simpro systems
- Monitoring and actioning Accounts Receivable inbox and resolving customer queries.
- Month end assessment and recommendation of doubtful debt provisions required.
- Development and maintenance of month end reports and KPIs.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong Credit Control experience.
- Strong Customer focus and influencing skills.
- To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies.
- To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
- To have good organisational and time management skills.
- To be honest, trustworthy and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- To be computer literate (especially Excel) and proficient in all core Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of Sage 50 / Sage 200, Simpro and ConnectWise software
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Competitive salary of up to £25k DOE.
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
- Healthshield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite parking.
- Be part of fun, friendly and growing team.
- Modern Office / Flexible working.
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Emma @ RE Recruitment.
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you have not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.