Our client is looking for an Operations Manager to join the Senior Management Team. The main objectives of the role are to achieve the most effective utilisation of the operations resources within the site, manage the operations talent pool within the site and support best practice sharing across the site for operations expertise, tools, techniques, methods and ways or working.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Set the direction for operations within the site aligned to the operations strategy.
• Ensure that operations are adequately resourced and contribute fully to the achievement of goals and objectives.
• Set KPIs and targets, along with the General Manager, for the operations function, aligned to KPIs and targets. Report progress against targets and take necessary action to meet targets.
• Delivering improvements in service i.e. on time delivery and lead time reduction, through realignment of manufacturing and planning processes.
• Ensure optimum utilisation of equipment, material, capital, and manpower to ensure quality products on time and at target cost.
• Contribute to the management of the operations talent pool to ensure that he breadth and depth of talent is at the right level so that operations contribute fully to achieving objectives.
• Changing the culture and awareness of all production employees to one of improved ownership and responsibility.
• Implementation of modern management practices including lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence and Continuous improvement and team leader training.
• Implement Manufacturing and Purchasing Excellence initiatives to improve quality, cost, and delivery.
• Day to day management responsibility for 100 production staff, across a variety of shift patterns. Development of this team.
• Accountable for maintaining and achieving health, safety, and environmental objectives. Ensuring the safe operation of all production processes.
• Responsible for delivering productivity improvements and cost reductions.
• Take ownership and a leading role in production transfer projects.
• Driving business growth through the introduction of new products and increased service
• Achieving financial targets.
Education and Experience
• Preferably educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Previous experience within a management role, within a manufacturing environment
• Previous experience within a union site
• Experience with continuous improvement methods
• Excellent leadership and change management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the energy and the ability to lead and energize others and build relationships with colleagues outside of the plant
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
• Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
• Self-motivating and able to work on own initiative
• Organisation & time management
• Strong analytical skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong IT Skills
• Ability to work autonomously or in a team
The Operations Manager should be capable of working on their own initiative and taking the right decisions to achieve the strategic goals. As a Manager of the company with Quality, EHS and Financial responsibilities, the candidate should be of the highest integrity.
• On-time delivery
• Cost of Quality
• Staffing levels (labour absorption)
• Labour efficiencies
• Cost Reduction Initiatives
• Scrap Reduction
• Energy Reduction
• Manufacturing Excellence Savings
• Accident Reporting. Lost days due to injury, RIDDOR, REACH etc.
• Accreditation of sites against key standards like AS9100, ISO 14001
Please send your CV for a confidential discussion.